MGCC are organising this event as part of the 100 years celebration which will comprise a run from John O’Groats to Lands End, 30th April -25th May. The goal is to link all regions of the UK and all parts of MGCC in celebration of MG100.
There will be series of individual Centre runs joined together by linking sections with handover points
generally envisaged to be at MG Motor UK dealerships, passing the MG100 baton one Centre to the next throughout the country. This will break the overall route from John O’Groats to Lands’ End down into manageable chunks.
MGCC Lincolnshire will be responsible for two sections, Hull to Lincoln and Lincoln to Chesterfield.
The aim will be to,
- Involve as many members as possible – from all age groups and eras of MG, from Vintage/MMM to Young Members.
- There will be an overall route, which takes in some of the key venues to the overall MG story and iconic motoring and motorsport locations throughout mainland UK.
- To attract national and local PR – via TV, radio and on-line and print media.
- The event will be carbon oﬀ-set.
- Involve MG Motor UK and the Dealership Network in the event.